Saturday 7 November 2009

Nerds and dance. Wait - what?

I like to listen to music - yeah, I know; bleeding obvious and all that. But the important thing is that I like to listen to stuff I haven't heard of before. For me, one of the best things around is my local library. For 80p per album per week, I can try out something I'm not 100% sure of, but looks interesting.
And this one looked very interesting:
.




.
Datarock are exactly what they seem to be from their name. Electronic, Scandinavian (Finnish, to be precise), nerdy and infeasibly danceable. I love it and will certainly be adding it to my wishlist (not a short list, as you may well imagine). Have a look at these two videos and see what you think. The first on is Computer Camp Love - see if ye can spot the Grease references:
.

.
And here's 'Fa Fa Fa'. Nothing to do with Otis Redding's (sad song) - they seem to be channelling Talking Heads funky groove though.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment