Thursday 27 August 2009

An apology - the first of many, I don't doubt...

 
 .
I do mean to post every day if I can help it, but there were two very good reasons fer not doing so Yesterday and Tuesday.
.
Yesterday's reason won't come as too much of a surprise to anyone that knows me - I had a severe headache - the type that's almost but not quite a migraine.
.
Tuesday, on the other hand, I had a much better excuse: It was Julie's birthday. We didn't do much to celebrate; it wasn't as if it was a major landmark for my wife. We had a nice quiet evening, a cup of tea - and then she proceeded to thrash me at Scrabble. I think her final winning margin was about 100 points. Pretty good, but it pales into insignificance when ye take into account her all-time best (and the highest Scrabble score I have ever seen in my life).
.
593.
.
That's right, 593 points. On two occasions, she put down all 7 seven tiles reaching two sets of triple word scores each time.
Me? I think I managed just over 200...
.
Ah well....

No comments:

Post a Comment